For those who know anything about us, you know we are a "blended family". Our boys come from a previous marriage and that gets a little complicated. Religion isn't exactly on their dad's list of favorite things, let alone, something he wants his boys to participate in. So...the boys' decision to be baptized is HUGE!!! Brandon took a few months (turned 8 in March of 2008 and was baptized in December of 2008) to get to the point where he understood the importance enough to participate. We thought our strong-headed little Logan would be quite the challenge, as he is in many other ways. I had planned out in my head a handful of Family Nights and missionary visits and talks for him, thinking it would take everything I had to help him to understand the importance. We had a few talks here and there. A Family Night that covered the subject. Then it was time for the missionaries' first visit. I figured it would be a different perspective and more importantly, not coming from "parents". They had a few great ways of teaching him and without expecting it, he committed and chose a date! I was so relieved. I can't really explain in words the fear that is almost always with me, wondering if my boys will stay with this gospel and cling to it in the midst of the adversary. They need this more than anyone I know. It brings me a feeling of peace knowing that they have made it this far and will be blessed for the decision they have made to follow Christ's example.

1 comment:
Ginny your kids are adorable! I am so happy for you that Brandon and Logan have chosen to be baptized. Congratulations.
Post a Comment