Speaking of five kids. I don't think I've posted since Callie was a baby and I was pregnant with the twins. They are now 29 and 16 months old. My, how time flies. Brandon is now in middle school and loving it. Logan is 8 & in 3rd grade & will be baptized tomorrow! That boy has been our most challenging, by far, but it is certainly reassuring to know that he made this choice to follow the example of Christ. We have to be doing something right. Right??

Jumping to our next subject: Alan. That man has struggled for a long time with finding work. This has been no secret. We were blessed abundantly by those in our ward who had odd jobs that kept him busy (thank you!) and thus, helping to provide for our family. That was a very long trial. Thankfully, he was hired to work for ODOT in a temporary position. We are hopeful that there will be other opportunities that arise once his time in this position has been fulfilled.
On top of working this job, he is working part time for a framer and going to school. He was taking 12 credits worth of classes, but with the math class taking 3 hours at a minimum (don't worry babe, you'll catch on), he had to drop 2 of the classes and kept math. That was just too much on his plate. He keeps on truckin' and will be done with his transfer degree in about a year. It seems far away, but this past year has gone by so fast and it has been easier on us than I thought it would be. In fact, it has inspired me to go back to school once my time comes. It may not be until the babies are in school, but it will come.

Ok, now that I feel like I have given somewhat of an update, I'm going to call it a night and hope to post sooner, rather than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment