Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here we go...

So it's been a while since my last post and past due time for an update. Of course most of you know by now that we are not only pregnant, but most recently found that we are expecting two!! Shock and fear describe best what my feelings were at first and I suppose that those feelings still linger, but I have had a few moments now and again when I think of how cute and special it will be for us to have two little angels at the same time....the rest of the time I wonder with deep curiosity how in the world we will handle it all once they are here! (Currently accepting advice!) So now we move on to how we will fit all these kids into this humble little home of ours. First, we said that we just needed to sell and get something bigger that fit our needs. After all, a three bedroom, one bath home with a small dining area doesn't exactly accomodate 7 people. After briefly discussing that idea, we figured that it would be harder to get what we owe and have anything left over after selling, so we started thinking of adding on... Boy does my husband get worked up and excited over building things! He got a wild hair this last weekend and started taking measurements of the house and discussing what our needs were for space and came up with a Plan A and Plan B; What we would like to have, and what we could get by with. But, like most "Fisher Plans" (as this sort of thing runs in the family), that has sort of fizzled out and become something of a passing thought than a reality. Today, we're back at looking to sell. Anywho, there's no telling what will happen, if anything.
In the meantime, grandpa Fisher is planning on crafting up a "corner crib" for the little tikes - it combines two cribs, connected in the middle, that will fit in the corner of a room. Pretty handy. Callie's nursery will soon become something that resembles a daycare....poor girl. I had it all cute and everything!!
New news...A few months ago, Alan left his job at Johnny Cat to start brokering trucks with his dad in Rogue River. Just after Christmas they moved their office to his parents' house. The first day of working there, he made the decision to move his office home...into our bedroom, specifically (hence, another need for a bigger home). While it poses some convenience, right now I feel a little stressed trying to keep kids quiet while he's working and wonder how it will be when there's two more little ones screaming in the background!
I guess this is all comical...or at least it should be. One day we were thinking that we would like Callie and the next one to be close in age, the next day we're panicking because it's more than we bargained for. Everything has a way of working itself out though. Most everyone that I talk to says that twins will be such a blessing, and they're right. (Note to self: What was that about not having to take on more than we can bare?) Have a little faith. Have a little courage. Most of all, have a little sense of humor. After all, this has got to be one big joke, right?!

2 comments:

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Yay hooray! HOw fun to have twins! I mean, I know it will be super hard and everything, but that is so awesome! Congratulations! Good luck with the house situation!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

You are really an amazing woman. . .and I still need to take you to lunch, I'll work on setting a date with Kari from your dates that you sent me tonight. . .xoxox, Sarah